Monday, March 15, 2010

Why, WiiWare, Why?

It could be SO CUTE. It could be slathered in goombas. But no, instead when we dusted off ye olde Wii to play No More Heroes 2, and we jumped on to WiiWare (Wii's online content space for DS Downloads, Demos, Wii Downloads, etc) eagerly awaiting a dynamic, possibly adorable, certainly at least Wii-level interface, we were sorely dissapointed. It's nigh impossible to navigate and the interface looks like horrific state of boring cooked up in the movie "Berlin." Seriously Wii, you can't update your online interface to something other than 2001's Photoshop Hit Effect AQUA? I know it's hard to have the interface backup of Microsoft or Sony, but oh wait no it's not...you're Nintendo, you've been rocking interfaces for years. The Wii itself has a delightful interface but their dynamic online content is totally neglected/outdated? Lame! Who went on vacation and never came back?

The thrilling news was I could buy Final Fantasy IV (II in the US, IV in Japan) The Later Years - a sequel with the most famous FF characters of all time, and the graphics are SuperNES graphics. I'm downloading it now...I'll let you know more soon! (I never played FF IV, but I always wondered...now I see it looks pretty awesome!)

But then the tragic twist is that when purchasing time came, the 'cancel' button came on the final page exactly where there 'ok' button was the past 10 screens. Needless to say we prevailed and soon I'll be double fisting Final Fantasy (I'm playing FF XIII for XBox 360 right now, but you'll have to listen to next weeks podcast if you want to know what I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment