Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Boardgames we play

OK, so I've seen 'what are we playing' posts, and since I barely have time to buy boardgames and read their rules (barely, but I do manage it!), I don't get to play too many, but here is what we are playing these days:

Pandemic - An awesome cooperative game for 2-5 players (6 players I believe with the expansion On The Brink that we don't have yet).  We've played this many times with adults as well as my 6-year-old son.  He really digs it!  It can be hard in the beginning, so we adjusted the rules to make it even easier than it recommends, but now that we have the hang of it, we are able to win at full difficulty.

Carcassonne: The Castle - I've played this with my son several times.  It is a 2-player game, which is what drew me to it; I think most 2-player only games tend to play better with two players than 2-5 player games play with two players (if that makes any sense).  You set up a castle wall to surround the play area and act as a scoring track.  Inside the castle walls, from start spaces, you play randomly drawn tiles and score points for completing features (it is a Carcassonne game).  We often discuss how to play tiles together, and there don't really seem to be too many 'bad' tiles, so the randomness of tile draw isn't a factor (young kids don't like randomness in games).

No comments:

Post a Comment