Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Working for the Weekend

My obsessive Facebook gaming is forced into a more relaxed pace during the workweek. How IS a girl to prioritize when every game fills your Notificications with promises of gifts and threats of expiration, petulant for your imminent return?

Well I'll tell you what I do:

#1 Restaurant City. This game is of serious importance to me, I can't quite say why, a combo of cooking and tracking down the ever missing ingredient I suppose. Every evening it's on my list of things to do - MORE money for MORE ingredients for MORE money!

#2 Farmville gifts. This is just so fun. I'm sad to say it makes me feel so loved and popular to have 15 gifts in my inbox, even if it's from someone I haven't seen since college, and it's an e-heart. I assure you I've never gotten more valentines wishes collectively in my life than I have this year, still a week before v-day, thanks to Farmville. Maybe its wrong but it feels so right.

#3 Ponzi - its just so easy and fun. I admit i have a little crush on the Ponzi girl.

That's all I'm dedicated to when I have pressing life stuff. Last weekend however, I was slacking hard and played the heck out of Happy Habitat, The Summoning, and Zoo World. The Summoning, BTW, is a html-based RPG that is sooo fun! I'm in my first dungeon (after a month of playing), kicking giant spider ass and taking names! None of the other RPG's have appealed to me yet, mostly because you have to fuss with armies and I'm interested in rogue adventuring.

In other gamer news, Clay is playing Mass Effect 2 right now and his dude has on armor with a Dragon Age logo on it, that he got as part of an Xbox download. It is so funny! Like when Mac was on on Lost.

5 comments:

  1. Do boys (besides Janusz) play the FB flash based games? My wife is hooked on farmville and the daughters have pet society (or the other one)and bejeweled blitz is a family fave with bot hof them. I can't get past the targeted ads and seemingoly lack of depth/story/point. I am a hater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a hater of Mass Effect because it is not on the PS3 :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! this is why xbox rools, ps3 drools. ;)

    yes boys besides janusz play those games, i have lots of boys playing with me. id love to see some stats tho, for instance lots of causual game sites are like 80% women...this could be true of FB's "casual games" too, but not from my user experience. the boys who play are all lovers of cute though...do you love cute?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love cute although I tend to belive that Americans don't quite have a grasp of what it really means yet. We're still copying the Japanese "Kawaii" forms without yet having engendered our own forms of what cute should be. In America we still believe that cute is an adjective to be applied rather than a lifestyle to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nooo that would be...too cute! but explains japan, which i am dying to visit for a taste of the cute life.

    ReplyDelete